Saturday 22 June 2013

A Post For The Sake Of It

Geranium
I've just realised that it's over a year since I last posted, so I'm just going to post a few of the things that are making me happy at the moment.
I'm enjoying my garden right now, which isn't always the case, it can stress me a great deal when it starts to grow rapidly and I don't have the time to tame it.

Here is my favourtite plant in the garden. It is a very tenacious geranium that has been there since we moved in, in 1986. Back then it was in the wrong place and grew between paving stones. The garden has now been reshaped around the plant. I think it deserved it. The colour makes my heart sing.




Most of the time the grass it kept down and the weeds removed but I have never managed to get enough plants panted so it can look a bit sterile or minimalist as my son says. This year, I've rather belatedly planted perennial plants from seed, which, if Ed remembers to water them while I'm in Skopelos next week, should look magnificent next year. And make the bees happy.

That's Gracie dog in the background. She has a sore tummy today.









Baby Lupins
These are baby lupins - they all germinated and I have 24 of them.
I've also planted:

  • Delphiniums
  • Foxgloves
  • Penstemmon
  • Two types of hollyhocks
  • Cat Mint
  • Liastra
  • Greater Knapweed
  • Cone flowers
  • Lavender Hidcote
  • Something I've forgotten the name of that doesn't want to germinate.

I must find time to pot up the tiny seedlings before I go away.


Rudy the kitten is all grown up. He's a bit of a thug but makes me laugh everyday. He and Gracie join me in bed most mornings. Some days he just cannot rouse himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment