Friday 28 June 2013

And we're off!




The journey to Skopelos was pretty tiring as the plane left Gatwick around 5am getting us to Volos in time for lunch. We didn't see much of Volos, though it seemed to be a pleasant port.














The ferry journey was a wonderful four hours, the seats were comfortable enough to grab a nap and on deck the breeze was refreshing. There's something very romantic about these ferries, I much prefer them to the SeaCats which feel more like buses. I suppose they are faster and much more expensive.







It was dark by the time we reached the island and there were a few attempts and false starts until we found which steep winding dirt track led to our villa in the mountains. I was a bit stressed. I know, because my glasses steamed up.
It was good to find a bed almost twenty four hours after leaving Lincolnshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment