Friday 2 August 2013

Getting Ready For Colour




Today I've treated myself to a bit of fibre work. I finished off the 300 grams of Shetland I was spinning for a shawl. So pleased with the quality of the spinning, I think it's the best and most consistent I've ever achieved. Now I'm very much looking forward to dying it all with beautiful vegetable dyes.







This is 100 grams of the Shetland, spun up in the winter. It's dyed with Acacia gum and because I'm not yet a skilled vegetable dyer, more throw it in and hope for the best - it isn't quit the colour I was aiming for. I love it anyway, with that wonderful translucence that comes with vegetable dyes.











The other socks I started in Skopelos are now finished and our holiday is just a distant memory. Yesterday it was so hot here, I didn't open the doors or windows. The heat outside was fierce and I couldn't go out back until after dark.












Yet more socks. This time Cookie A's fabulous Monkeys. The yarn is KnitPicks Tonal Stroll. The yarn isn't as vibrant as I'd hoped and just looks grubby in places. They're fine and I'm sure I'll enjoy wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment