Sunday 4 August 2013

Beautiful Colour

I'm loving playing with colour, I think mainly because I have much more important stuff to be getting on with.
This was dyed with madder. The aim was for a deep red using Botanical Colors Aquarelle Liquid Dye Extracts. Perhaps my cheap Lidl scales are inaccurate as my calculated 5 grams and a little more for luck on 50 grams of wool, only produced this deep pink when the dye bath was exhausted. It started out an orange colour which I was able to adjust with some bicarb hurriedly found under the sink. It was amazing watching the colour change as I spooned in the bicarb.
Dying really is more fun when playing like this but I shall probably never be able to reproduce these colours again. Also, I'm producing colours which as yet don't go together so I'm not sure what I'm going to make with them. The plan for a shawl is out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment